Contact Lens Fitting and Evaluation
Eyes come in different sizes and shapes, so you need to have an accurate “fitting” to make sure your lenses will provide the best vision, comfort, and eye health possible
There is an additional fee for a contact lens fitting and evaluation. The charge includes:
- taking special measurements of your eye and its surface
- checking for curvature and other factors that will affect how your lenses fit
- careful examination of the cornea to ensure there aren’t any problems that could make it hard for you to wear contact lenses
- trial lenses that will be applied to your eyes so your Doctors can see how well they fit
- follow-up visits in regards to the fit or prescription of your contacts
- contact lens solution kits/ rewetting drops
- contact lens insertion and removal training for new wearers.
- All associated office visits for 6 months to dispense and evaluate the fit.
These practices are standard at any Eye Care Professional’s office for contact lens wearers and need to be performed every year. Call your local branch of the Lesnick Optical to set up a contact lens fitting in Southgate orDownriver.
** many insurances do not cover this portion of the exam